Ho’ oponopono is an Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness or to make things right.
I did some research and Carl Jung talks about the unconscious mind in one of his archetypes. This practice is meant to make the mind “all right”.
This is about trusting yourself and help conflict resolutions to restore spiritual alignment to make things right. The process is about releasing problems and blocks that cause stress, disease, to bring about peace and balance that involves repentance to create freedom.
All that starts with a mantra – and envisioning cords being released from your body. So, if you are still you say to yourself:
“Please forgive me”
“I love you”
Repeat these four phrases several times as you envision the problem you have being released until you feel better.
The Process of Ho’oponopono:
- Bring to mind anyone who you are at conflict with.
- In your mind’s eye, construct an area that you can envision – or a stage.
- Imagine an infinite source of love and healing flowing from a source above the top of your head (from your Higher Self), and open up the top of your head, and let the source of love and healing flow down inside your body, fill up the body, and overflow out your heart to heal up the person on the stage. Be sure it is all right for you to heal the person and that they accept the healing.
- When the healing is complete, have a discussion with the person and forgive them, and have them forgive you.
- Next, let go of the person, and see them floating away. As they do, cut the aka cord that connects the two of you (if appropriate). If you are healing in a current primary relationship, then assimilate the person inside you.
- Do this with every person in your life with whom you are incomplete, or not aligned.
The final test is, can you see the person or think of them without feeling any negative emotions. If you do feel negative emotions when you do, then do the process again.