With just only one week until the new year, it’s crunch time! While we are probably currently consumed and driven to meet our year end goals for 2018, it’s time to start planning for 2019. Here’s how to make 2019 your best year yet! It’s time to make your new year’s resolutions happen!
I’m going to break down this blog post in several steps – here goes.
- Attitude or Mindset
- Lifestyle & Health
Reflecting on 2018
Let’s look back on this past year to see what can be improved for next year. It’s important to look how this past year went and how you can build on each one to move onto bigger and better things.
- Did I hit my goals for 2018? If not, why?
- What were my obstacles and how can I overcome them for the following year?
- What opportunities do I want to tap into for 2019?
- Do I have already have things planned for the 2019? What are they?
- What are my goals for 2019? Think of both short and long term.
- How do I want to feel at the end of 2019?
- What will my life look like in one year?
1. Having the Right Attitude or Mindset
I believe that having the right mindset is by far the most important thing to have. Your mindset is your greatest asset. This is something that you have full control of and with a great mindset, the rest of your life will reflect off it.Your mindset or attitude will determine if you’re going to keep going or give up. If you don’t have the right mindset, then you’re allowing yourself to fail. For 2019, focus on improving your mind. Once you are determined, you will determine the goals for this year.
Mel Robbins, author of the Five Second Rule, tells you that in 5 seconds is how your mind makes decisions. Make good decisions.
Life is 10% what happens to you – and 90% how you react to it.
Here are some tips to start building the right mindset:
- Plan the night ahead to wake up for a great day!
- Shape your goals and vision – make a vision board.
- Start the day with positive affirmation
- Forgive yourself and those around you
- Start viewing your challenges as opportunities
- Emphasize and celebrate your growth
2. Lifestyle & Health
Many of us put this one at the top of our new year’s resolutions, only to find ourselves falling out of it after a couple of months?
Start getting healthy.
Maybe you’re really pushing to make it happen. You are motivated. In 2019, you will start working out and get into the best shape of your life! Along with that, you will also start eating healthier!
I know it may not be easy, so here are a few ways to prioritize your health:
• Stop making excuses
• Drink more water
• If you make it a priority, you will find time for it
• Start meal prepping
• Track your progress by measuring yourself or taking pictures
• Keep yourself accountable
• Consider hiring a personal trainer or coach
Working out isn’t just to look amazing (though it is a bonus), but it can improve your overall health and reduce the risk of developing diseases. You will find yourself feeling better mentally and physically!
Remember, you don’t have to go to the gym to get into shape. There are a variety ways to break a sweat, like trying out:
- A dance class
- A You tube dance class – I love the Fitness Marshall – check this
- Going for a quick walk – take the dog!
Speaking of eating healthier, I highly recommend a meal prepping and focusing on nutrient-dense foods without restricting yourself if you want a treat here or there. Plan ahead to stay focused on what you have to eat that will enrich you.
- Protein bars
- Fruits, particularly berries
- Handful of nuts
- Baby carrots
Let’s try to advance your career for 2019. You can do that!
Build your network on and offline! Networking is so important because you don’t know who you may bump into and how they can help you down the line. Different ways you can build your network is by:
- Attending networking events
- Engaging with key people on social media
- Starting conversations with people you see day to day And don’t forget to keep a few business cards on hand!
- Figure out ways to learn more – such as on a class or course or conference
- Uplevel yourself to grow more and more
We have relationships with everyone around us. Think about how healthy you are in your relationships.
Try to work hard at growing these and cultivating these relationships.
Make lists of what you love about those around you. Tell them.
The five people you spend the most time with definitely influence your life. Make sure those five people uplift you and help you grow.
Are you ready to kill your new year’s resolutions and make 2019 your best year yet?! If you have any of your own tips, I’d love to know! Please do share them with me!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.